Get the Complete Range of Hand Riveter Online @ Best Price - Industrybuying
What is a riveter?
A riveter is an operating tool used for installing rivets. It has a pin which passes through holes to hold them together. It is used manually. The riveter has two major types-
- The hand operated and hand powered
- The hand operated and pneumatically powered
Both of them are used for installing rivets. The riveters expand and lock an empty rivet. The hollow rivet is locked by pulling a mandrel. It is pulled through the rivet body. Later the mandrel is broken and discarded. It leaves the enlarged rivet to secure workpieces.
How to use a riveter?
The rivets have been designed to join two pieces through the pre-drilled hole. The material to be joined can be of metal or plastic. It can be used for rearing household equipment such as iron. Rivets are available in various sizes, thickness, and length. The head of the rivet remains on one side of the joined pieces. While on the other side, the riveter compacts the soft amalgamated material of the rivet. It helps in creating flange which holds the sheets together.
Different varieties of riveters
There are various types of riveters available. They are-
- Stanley Medium Riveter- this riveter has three nose pieces. It is a medium duty riveter with round pin head. The tool is versatile. It can be used for sheet metal, leather, and plastic parts, fabrications, etc. The body is made up of steel. The grip is non-slip. It has a wrench to change nose pieces. The rivet eject system has spring loaded handle.
- Goodyear Heavy Duty Riveter – this is an aluminum riveter. It has four nose pins. The size of this particular riveter is 2.4mm, 3.2mm, 4.2mm, and 4.8mm. This one is easily operated. It is smooth one-handed operation. This also has spring loaded handle. It rejects the rivet stem automatically.
- Heavy Duty Riveter- this riveter has three nose pins. The pin head is round. The size of nose pins for rivets is 1/8”, 5/32” and 3/16. Construction of the product is heavy duty. It is mainly used in metal work. It is perfect to use in automotive applications. The extended nose of riveter helps in ensuring a longer reach. The stem is auto-ejected via spring loaded system. It also has handle lock system.
- Heavy duty riveter- this is also a heavy duty riveter with four nose pins. The pin head of this riveter is flat. It is a versatile tool. It can be used to join fabrication, plastic parts, metal sheets as well as leathers. It also has a wrench for changing the nose piece. The body is plated with nickel.
While joining two pieces, space for a small washer must be kept. This will prevent the rivet from pressing on the material when it is attached. Any two materials can be used to join pieces - two pieces of plastics or plastic to a metal or metal to leather.
Buy riveter from industrybuying.com
We, at Industrybuying.com, cater to the need of every customer. We have a wide variety of hand riveter under our roof. We give great discounts to you on a majority of our product listings by best brands such as JETech, Stanley, JCB, and Toptul. Get the complete range of hand tools at best-discounted prices in India with free shipping, and cash on delivery(cod)*
for your valuable feedback
Please enter your e-mail address and we will send you a confirmation mail to reset your password.