What is a Spherical Roller Bearing?
A Spherical Roller Bearing (SRB) is a bearing element that permits rotation with minimum friction and also permits angular misalignment that may occur during the working. These bearings majorly find application in critical applications where they are required to support high loads- radial and axial along with the misalignment.
Construction of a Spherical Roller Bearing
An SRB is made up of the following components –
- Outer Ring Raceway
- 2 Inner Ring Raceway
- 2 rows of rollers
- Cage- to hold the rollers in position
Factors contributing to Bearing Performance
These provide optimal load distribution along the roller length and maintains low-stress levels under all load conditions
To have an evenly distributed load over the roller profile, the ideal roller profile should be spherical. It leads to uniform stress distribution over the roller.
Each roller should be identical in size so as to enable optimal load distribution over rollers and maximize the life
A metallic cage SRB, is able to withstand high temperatures and all kinds of lubricants
Temperature Limits of operating SRB
- Dimensional Stability of Rings– These rings when undergoing a special type of heat treatment process, are heat stabilized and can withstand high temperatures
- Seals: Different types of seals can withstand different temperature range such as NBR (up to 90 degrees Celsius), HNBR seals (up to 150 degrees Celsius) and FKM seals (up to 200 degrees Celsius)
- Lubricants: Proper selection of lubricants is required for optimum operation of bearings within specified temperature limits
Material Type of Spherical Roller Bearing
- The bearings rings and the rolling elements are made up of chrome steel (High Carbon chromium) with approx. 1.5% chromium content in it.
- The bearing cages can be constructed of different material types such as sheet steel, polyamide, brass, steel
Applications of Spherical Roller Bearing
Wherever there is an application involving heavy loads, moderate speeds and misalignment, SRB find application. These are used in the following type of industrial applications:
- Wind Turbines
- Off Highway vehicles
- Pulp and Paper
- Mining and Construction
- Mechanical Fans and blowers
Shop online at Industrybuying for best in class Spherical Roller Bearings
Industrybuying.com has a huge assortment of world-class bearing accessories and spherical roller bearings available for you to choose from Cylindrical Roller Bearings, Thrust Roller Bearings, Needle Roller Bearings, Radial Ball Bearing. You can opt from over a million products in various categories. In addition to the wide range, we have other categories hosting a huge array of industrial supplies.
We only deal in products that are 100% genuine from top-tier brands. Hence, we provide an incredible shopping experience to our buyers as well as sellers when it comes to buying business supplies online than at any other platform. Moreover, besides the lucrative deals and offers, businessmen looking to purchase bearings in large quantities can avail huge discounts on bulk purchases.
Free shipping above Rs.1000, bulk buying advantage, easy payment options like credit/debit card, COD, net banking, e-wallets etc, doorstep delivery, branded products at the best prices online and easy return policies are some of the few factors that make Industrybuying the best e-commerce portal. So, do not look any further! Log on to the nation’s favorite portal for an extensive collection of industrial supplies!