What is Spray Guns
An air spray gun primarily uses compressed air to break up the material into small droplets and give these droplets a proper direction. The spray gun itself provides two convenient valves to start and stop the flow of compressed air and fluid. Materials can be brought to the spray gun by creating a vacuum at the face of a mix nozzle.
This vacuum draws the material through a tube coming from an open-top material container to the air nozzle of the spray gun for atomization. This method is called “siphon spraying”.
In case of heavier fluids, the material can be pressurised and forced up to the air nozzle for atomization. This method is called “pressure feed spraying.”
Selection of the best right Spray Gun
The selection of a spray gun is determined by its function or end-use. The most common types of air spray guns and their features are listed below:
1)Heavy Duty Production Spray Guns:
- High volume of material output
- Rugged construction
- Must be able to handle a wide range of materials
- Provide the widest range of controls
- Ease of operation
- Modular design of components
2)Standard Production Spray Guns
- Performs the same as heavy production spray guns; normally takes the same air and fluid nozzles
- Lighter construction
3)Touch-up Spray Guns:
- Light weight
- Light Construction
- Small physical size
- Handle only light material
4)Automatic spray guns:
- Same requirements and nozzles as for production type spray guns
- Spray gun is operated by remote control
5)Special Purpose Spray Guns:
- Air blow guns
- Car washing guns
- Engine cleaning guns
- Road marking
- Extension pole guns
- Flow guns
- Flock spray guns
- Plural component spray gun
Parts Of A Spray Gun
The basic parts of a modern production spray gun are outlined as follows:
A.The air nozzle of a spray gun directs air jets to atomize the fluid so as to give the particles the required velocity to reach the product surface.
B.The final exit of the material takes through the nozzle.
C.The Needle assembly acts as a on/off valve for the material flow through the spray gun.
D.Side port control/ fan controls the air supply to the horns of the nozzle and thus regulates the spray pattern width.
E.Fluid control assembly provides mechanical pressure on the needle valve so that it will close when the trigger is released.
F.The spray gun body handle is designed as per ergonomics used to hold all the parts of the spray gun.
G.Air inlet is used for connecting a point for the air hose, normally 1/4 in. N.P.S.
H.Trigger activates and controls the air and material movement to the nozzles.
I.The air valve is primarily used to control the air movement through the spray gun.
J.Fluid inlet connecting point for cup or hose, normally 3/8 in. N.P.S.
Spray Gun Design
- Bleeder or non-bleeder type spray gun:
- Most production spray guns are non-bleeder type. The trigger allows the air to flow through the spray gun. Bleeder type spray guns are generally used with small portable air compressor which helps in maintaining constant pressure, and thus prevents the possibility of starting up the compressor against a load.
- Removable head
- Cartridge type valve assemblies
- Adjustable needle assembly
- Trigger bearings and a wear plate
Material Used In The Construction Of The Spray:
- Stainless steel
Method of Construction:
- Drop Forging
- Die casting
- Rough Casting
Spray Operators Features:
- Location of controls (front or rear of spray gun),
- Handling characteristics
Design Features :
- Number of parts
- Ease of air flow through spray gun (pressure F. Design Features: drop)
- Air nozzle and fluid nozzle design
- Protective finish
- Type of material used in construction of fluid.
All air nozzles, fluid nozzles and needles, regardless of their cost should be handled with precision.
- Do not make any alterations as these could cause finishing difficulties (with the exception of needle adjustment).
- For cleaning air and fluid nozzles, soak the parts in solvent to dissolve the dried material on them and blow clean with air only.
- A tool smoother than brass should be used for probing any of the holes of the nozzle.
- The needle assembly must be adjusted in order to assure that the air turns on before the fluid does.
Buy spray gun online at wholesale rates on Industrybuying.com
A large variety of spray guns and spray gun paints are available at Industrybuying, an e-commerce portal to cater to all your business needs online at the best prices. You can choose from a wide variety of spray guns for cabinets, spray guns for car paints and automobiles along with electric spray guns, HVLP spray guns and air engine cleaning guns at this portal.
All the spray guns that we deal in have been manufactured by big brands such as Painter, Elephant, Techno, Ferm etc to name a few. Other pneumatic products like air blow guns, paint spray guns etc are also available at our portal.
To make online transactions easy, we accept payments via Cash on Delivery (COD), credit or debit cards and net banking. All orders above Rs 1000 will be delivered to your doorstep at no extra cost. Shop now on Industrybuying.com and get the largest variety of industrial supplies for all your commercial needs at the best prices online!