Thermal Imaging Camera
Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera
Thermal Imaging Camera is a device that uses infra red radiation to capture images. These cameras are very unlike a common camera which uses visible light to form an image. The camera allows the user to view and capture images in the dark using the heat emitted by objects; in other words, the camera works on the principle of converting thermal heat from objects into visible light in order to view and analyse the object.
A thermal imaging camera has five main components: an optic system, a detector, an amplifier, a signal processing system, and a display. These five components or parts work in tandem to produce thermal images by using infra-red radiation that may be reflected from warm objects or even flames (in case of fire-fighting) to convert it to visible light for real time imaging. Since these cameras are mostly used in dark and difficult conditions, they are made of heat-resistant, water proof and ruggedized material so as to be able to withstand damages that they may encounter. These cameras produce monochromatic or grayscale images for normal temperature but highlight hot surfaces more visibly. According to the various application they are used for, these cameras are either helmet-mounted or handheld; but, they can also be fixed on a helicopter and other such moving objects to capture the images of a difficult terrain that is hard to reach for human beings.
Uses of Thermal Imaging Cameras
Initially developed for military use, thermal imaging cameras have slowly gained their reputation with the numerous uses enlisted below-
- One of the most elementary uses of these cameras is that of providing night vision.
- They can inspect buildings and give you details of changes in temperature of certain installations such as HVAC systems etc. for performing adequate inspection and analysis of any underlying issue. This way, these devices can also be used to perform energy audits of the building insulation; it is also used to detect leakage of the refrigerant.
- These cameras can also help in detecting moisture in the walls and roofs; they are also used to prevent moulding of consumables.
- These cameras are very useful in fire-fighting operations as they help view clearly even though smoke and flames.
- They have found immense use in law enforcement and anti-terrorism operations the world over.
- They provide surveillance and monitoring counter measures.
- They are very useful in search and rescue operations in dark and dangerous terrains.
- They are also used in medical operations, astronomy, cricket games, etc.
How to choose the best thermal Imaging Camera?
According to their practical use, thermal imaging cameras come in the following types - Thermal Imager, Compact Thermal Imaging Camera, Spot Thermal Camera etc. having temperature ranges varying from 25 to 400 degree Celsius. So, the type of camera to be chosen can be decided based on the nature of requirement. Some of the major brands of thermal imaging cameras are Fluke, kusam meco, CEM, FLIR etc.
Why buy Thermal Imaging Cameras at Industrybuying.com?
Indutsrybuying.com provides you with high quality thermal imaging cameras from some of the leading brands in the market. All these cameras come with warranty and quality assurance for use in the most trying and difficult situations. The online platform offers attractive discounts on your online purchase of individual as well as bulk orders.
for your valuable feedback
Please enter your e-mail address and we will send you a confirmation mail to reset your password.