Crop nutrition and pest control have become important aspects in the agricultural sector today to ensure optimum crop production. This has increased the usage of a battery-powered sprayer by farmers and this can be purchased online easily.
Sprayers are a common item used by farmers to spray insecticides or pesticides to protect their crops from pest attacks and also to provide vital nutrients in the form of herbicides. A wide range of use of Battery-Powered Power Sprayer is done in gardens and agriculture plantations. This makes the work easier by minimising the effort and generating the required pressure for spraying the insecticide or herbicide.
A battery-operated sprayer comes with a chargeable battery, spray nozzle, sprayer pump, valves, liquid tank, pressure regulator and fluid plumbing. The performance specifications, size and design vary depending on the area that needs to be covered for spraying.
The Battery-Powered Power Sprayer– a boon for farmers
The conventionally used handle-lever spraying systems used to take up a lot of time and energy on the part of the farmers. But the battery-powered sprayer has come as a saviour to all. Aided with technology, the rechargeable battery in the sprayer was what made it convenient for farmers to spray anything onto the crops. The sprayers come with different battery types that are light-weighted and cost-efficient. Some also come with removable batteries, with the ease of easy charging. Some have double batteries to make them more efficient. Depending on the requirement and usage, farmers choose the type of battery operated sprayer. You can check the range of 2 in 1 Hand Cum Battery Operated Sprayer if you are looking for a combination of manually operated as well as battery-operated sprayers.
Why is it advantageous to use a Battery-Powered Power Sprayer?
There are many different brands selling various models of the battery-powered sprayer and based on the overall feedback it has been understood that these tools are beneficial for farmers. There are a number of reasons why the battery operated sprayer has gained popularity as a potent tool in the agricultural sector and here we will be discussing the same.
- No more wires. no more external batteries: Traditional spraying systems came with wires and levers that made it a hassle to carry them around to spray in the field. But with the Battery-Powered Power Sprayer, this is no longer the case. Neither are the latest models like the ones that earlier came with huge batteries that were externally fitted and had to be carried around as extra baggage. The latest models come with internal batteries, no doubt they are called power sprayers. The Portable Power Sprayer models are the best.
- Easy to use, offers convenience: Most models of the battery-operated sprayer have the pump control feature which takes care of the pump output speed as per the spraying needs while reducing the manpower earlier required. There are models where the on/off switch is there and some have the feature of a pressure controller to regulate
the discharge of fluid from the nozzle. This is a feature available in the Battery-Powered Power Sprayer that makes it easy to use. The traditional models used to be very heavy but the latest models being lightweight, are easy to carry by the farmer, thus the convenience. With all the convenience, farmers now get the power of effortless spraying. The Knapsack Battery Operated Yellow Garden Sprayer is quite popular as a convenient sprayer for farmers.
- Saving cost as well as time: A battery-powered sprayer from a reliable brand is such made that it has chargeable battery systems and efficient pumps that actually run for a long term and are thus cost-efficient. The initial cost of purchasing the sprayer can seem high but if you consider the long term nature of the investment it is worthwhile. The pump and the motor in the battery-operated sprayer come as a single unit that creates pressure once the trigger is pressed. This helps in saving labour costs as well. Battery Sprayers aid farmers by saving time by creating pressure and discharging a good amount of the spray solution in just some minutes. The time taken for the task will depend on the motor and nozzle’s configuration.
- Control the pressure of the spray depending on the requirement: The battery-powered sprayer comes with a speed controller that helps the farmer to keep regulation on the liquid that is being discharged from the spray nozzle. Depending on the requirement the pressure of the spray can be increased or reduced. This is not possible when spraying the insecticide or herbicide using a normal conventional handle-lever spraying system.
How should one take care of the battery-operated sprayer?
Please note that to ensure the longevity of the sprayer, it is important to keep some things in mind-
- The washer needs to be soaked in oil/water before it is used.
- The spray nozzle’s ends need to be unscrewed as well as cleaned before use.
- Once the spraying is done, the sprayer should be run with clean water for some time. This will help in removing the sediments that may have been there in the pressure vessel.
On a closing note, some useful tips:
When using the Battery-Powered Power Sprayer, it is important to keep a note of the following, which will ensure that your sprayer is going to last for a long and offer valuable service to you.
- The lubricating oil in the engine needs to be changed as mentioned in the user manual.
- Until you observe any leak, it is wise not to disturb the packing.
- Never use the spray pump beyond the recommended pressure.
- Check the engine pump’s oil level and ensure that the grease points are greased at least once daily.
- Only the engine oils and fuels that are recommended should be used.
- After every use, the spray gun and spray nozzle should be cleaned properly. This can be done by blowing through the nozzle or with the help of a fine bristle.
If you are looking for a tool that will aid the process of spraying insecticides or herbicides on the farm, then you cannot go wrong with the Battery-Powered Power Sprayer.