There are several important considerations to look at when purchasing a ceiling fan. A fan should not only be functional but also beautiful to look at. A well designed ceiling fan will provide a cooling breeze during summer and help smooth warm air around your home in the winter. Ceiling fans can save energy and as well as add value and beauty to your home.
Whether you are replacing an old ceiling fan of re-modelling your house, choosing a ceiling fan that complements the overall aesthetics of you home and effectively circulating air isn’t always easy. Here’s how to pick the right one for you.
Tips to choose the right Ceiling Fans
Select your budget
Decide on your budget depending on why you need a new ceiling fan. Your budget should vary based on the following questions:
- Are you replacing your old ceiling fan? If yes, then your budget should be around the cost of your old fan + 10% for every year of the age of your fan has been with you.
- If you are remodelling or buying a new home then your budget should hold aesthetical values in position and then decide on a budget. A cheaper fan can save you up some money but the fan will blow away the beauty of your room.
Select your Location
It is very important to consider if the location of your fan is outdoor or indoor. In Indoor, you can experiment with styles, blade materials and look. However, for outdoor installations what needs to be factored in is the rugged nature and durability of fan. Outdoors your fan will be exposed to several whether conditions during rainy and dry days. You will need a fan that can withstand all of that.
Two sizes you need to consider length of the ‘downrod’ and ‘blade span’ of the fan. The chart below will help you out.
Ceiling Fans Maintenance Tips
To get the most out of your ceiling fan, maintenance is as important as it can be. Here is how you should maintain a ceiling fan for optimum performance:
- The motors of ceiling fans should be lubricated regularly to ensure smooth operation. If the motor has sealed bearing, then they require little or no maintenance and hence no lubrication.
- If the fan is vibrating, then it’s not working efficiently. Efficiency can be improved by replacing the ball bearings inside the fan.
- After balancing, do not interchange blades with another fan. This may reduce efficiency of the product.
- Using Step type switching electronic fan regulator can save 30 % of your power.
Energy Efficiency and Saving:
The BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) launched a star rating scheme for ceiling fans in year 2006. It is important to note that the star rating changes every year as the technology improves. So a five star rated fan in 2011 may not be as efficient as five star rated fan in 2017. Typically inefficient fans are of about 80 watts and efficient ones are of about 45 watts, thus switching to efficient one can save about 45% electricity.
Why to buy Ceiling fans online at Industrybuying.com?
Industrybuying is a leading B2B e-commerce websites of the country. All the top brands such as Almonard, Havells, Bajaj, Luminous, Crompton, Crompton Greaves, Racold, Usha etc are online at Industrybuying.com The company offers with exclusive discounts on the top brands. If you are looking to buy more than one Ceiling fan, you can avail special discounted price on your bulk purchase order. Rest assured you will be able to get best deal online on your purchase of Ceiling fans online at Industrybuying.com.
Industrybuying is your one stop destination for any requirement of Electrical Appliances or Electricals. The company assorts a wide range of Electrical products which includes AMF Panel, Cable Accessories, Cables and Wires, Distribution Boards and Panels, Electrical Appliances, Generators and Transformers, Leakage Detector, Stabilizers, Inverters, UPS and Batteries besides other essentials. Industrybuying offers a seamless online shopping experience combined with mouth watering discounts and offers. Go ahead and check out the wide range of Electrical equipments online at Industrybuying. The company offers multiple payment channels which include payment through online channels via Net Banking and Credit/Debit cards or you can also opt for Cash On Delivery or any of the available EMI plans. In the case of any query or professional assistance you can reach out to use through our Toll Free number 1800-300-09551.